As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Re:7 days - 7 tracks - 7 flavours of techno - using MDUW only (2 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:7 days - 7 tracks - 7 flavours of techno - using MDUW only
Re:7 days - 7 tracks - 7 flavours of techno - using MDUW only 13 Years, 11 Months ago
i like the dubtechno track
  The topic has been locked.
Re:7 days - 7 tracks - 7 flavours of techno - using MDUW only 13 Years, 11 Months ago
thanx sauna

Day 3 uploaded. I feel a degrade in track quality with each day hopefully I'll make a smashing DNB thing tomorrow to break the static. just gotta learn how to program them dnb breaks first
mc202.com wrote:
both tracks are really nice. keep it going. seven days... hmm.. dub, hard, minimal, detroit, tribal, swedish, what am i missing? surely something obvious!

What/Who is Swedish...Aint never heard of dat
Bump for track #4: Acid Techno

http://siestasubmarina.bandcamp.com/track/day-four-acid-techno

I used the Acidlab Bassline as well for this, as I'm selling it tomorrow and wanted one last piece with the lovely 303 sound. Making this almost makes me regret selling, but I DO need those monitors, and I can get a x0x the next time around for the same price

SO, since the focus is supposed to be the Machinedrum, I did some cool routing, sending the Acidlab to two input machines, each with individual and different settings for filter, reverb, etc, makes for some really cool sounds, like the odd slides in the intro, that is caused by fluctuation in the volume from the acidlab (due to the accent) causing the input machine to only almost trigger, which is really cool (the slides heard in the intro isn't from the acidlab itself)

now get your glowsticks and..uhm...vitamine pills?
Killer Beez
good heady and guttural acid sounds. the reverb sounds sweet as well doesnt it. some of the snarey type sounds are a bit clicky and pumping for my tastes. gonna listen to the earlier tracks now. you gutted to be sellling your acid?

the hard techno track is to coin a phrase, bangin. very well done.
Game & Watch
@GYS - cool, good to hear. Your sig cracks me up BTW. LOL
Cappy
Lampeo wrote:
mc202.com wrote:
both tracks are really nice. keep it going. seven days... hmm.. dub, hard, minimal, detroit, tribal, swedish, what am i missing? surely something obvious!

What/Who is Swedish...Aint never heard of dat

Around maybe 98? 99? Drumcode and all that was swedish techno if I recall.
King Koopa
I believe if you're saying swedish techno you were more referring to the region and not the type. Detroit's different because it was so far out of left field. I would call stuff that came from drumcode in the late 90's more hard-minimal. I wouldn't call stuff from User, that shared some similarities, or other labels that followed Beyer's lead swedish.

As far as Hard Techno, I've always liked the crazy hard compressed kicks of glenn wilson rather than the over distorted overdrived kicks.
King Koopa
tech-house count? What about some deep techno?
haha, you know, I really hate all the sub-genere naming.. it's all electronic music with the beat in center... I
today I'll focus on post-glitch nu-goa with a slize of ambient brass...

or not
Go to top Post Reply